Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ready or Not

Ready or not we are going tomorrow, Friday Sept. 3. Today has been frantic packing, transfering, stowing, securing and notarizing.

This new adventure motivated us to get our wills made and our medical directives. We mentioned this to our friends Kelvin and Patty and they commented that they needed to do the same. I told them that if they found a notary to come to the marina we could split the cost. A comedy of errors followed. We met them at the marina today and I asked where the notary was. "I thought you got one." "No, I thought you were." I replied. "Well you did it again Sonia. Now what?" Greg commented more or less. But unlike all the other times I've screwed things up, this time someone stepped right up to rescue me. Turns out the bookkeeper at Semiahmoo Marina, Sharon, is a notary and she was standing right there. Now if we visit Neptune real up close and personal-like, our estate will be nice and tidy.

I have managed to wedge every can and package of food away to Greg's satisfaction. The books are another matter. I took off all of the San Juan Islands books but brought on even more Mexico books.

We did manage to get some good crabs the other day. Paid for my crabbing license.

Greg mounted the abandon ship container on deck under the boom and managed to fill the bed with all the fiberglass shavings. Before falling on my side of the bed they floated down on Cinnamon's head, which he did not appreciate.
We are exhausted and we are going to bed. That's it. We can't deal with anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment