Wednesday, July 20, 2011

1,000 Miles to Go

Another nice day, zipping along at 6-7 knots we are cranking out 150 mile days like clockwork. But, lest we get complacent, there are 3-4 days of heavy wind/sea coming day after tomorrow from a low moving down the coast. We're past 2,000 miles with about 1,000 to go. Cool enough at night now that we've reassembled the Pacific-Norwest configuration with an enclosed cockpit. Still on spinnaker but that comes down tomorrow p.m. unless Sonia turns off the power earlier**. She is prep'ing meals ahead for the bad weather.
Greg

**
The other morning I was at the end of my 6 hour watch and hungry. I sat down on the settee across from the sink with a bowl of cereal. The next thing I know the boat rounds up and chaos ensues! Greg wakes up and we both rush out to the cockpit. I couldn't get the rudder to respond and the instruments were all off. I wondered how we could have blown a 300A fuse. First Greg checked the steering to make sure it was okay and then started to work on the electrical problem.
Once solved he demanded to know where I was when all this happened. I told him that I was sitting down trying to eat my cereal. AHA! What? "You turned off the master switch"! The switch was right under me and apparently I kicked it and didn't realize it. Oh, well. That was better than something breaking and besides it gave Greg something to raze me about.
Sonia
-----
At 7/20/2011 12:05 PM (utc) our position was 46°38.13'N 151°07.09'W on course 087T at 6.7 knots.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment