Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's in San Carlos, Mx

 



Happy New Year to Everyone


No rest for those boat owners laboring in the Marina Seca work yard. Some did venture out after dark to celebrate at various places,  but we opted to stay in for a quiet night. We went to bed early but soon woke up to very lively music and occasional fire works drifting over the hills. I had trouble getting back to sleep and watched the hours slowly pass - 12:30, 2:30 then 4 am. I could not believe the energy that the Mexicans called forth. The tempo was so quick I couldn't imagine dancing to it. I couldn't imagine that it was the same group of musicians from midnight till 4 am but it sure sounded the same to me. We were really tired in the morning and had trouble crawling out of the sack, but at least we didn't have hangovers like our neighbors.



We enjoyed a wonderful Mexican breakfast in our new cockpit. Greg enjoyed a chorizo egg burrito and I had brown rice with tomatoes, cilantro, onions and avocado. We are lovin' the food down here.



After breakfast, while Cinnamon took his morning constitutional around the deck, Greg started to install the watermaker tubes.




After emptying the lazarette yet again, Greg climbed in. It looked like a cushy job to me, laying down on the job, but Greg didn't agree with my observation. The image reminded me of the magician sawing the woman in two.
One more watermaker component in place.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment