Thursday, June 9, 2011

(no subject)

Soft Breeze on a Velvet Sea

The breeze is soft and warm this evening as it caresses me and a velvet sea.
The rose colored sunset wraps around the horizon as a thumbnail moon hangs in the sky just ahead of the mast.

This is a sailor's dream.


We are less than 300 miles from Hilo, Hawaii now. We should arrive on Saturday June 12th.

I am encountering problems with "importing" Cinnamon into Hawaii. I didn't do my homework before leaving Mexico and now I am paying for it. I am told that Hilo is not "a port of entry" by the "Rabiesfree" office. It is a port of entry for boats but not for cats. Apparently they only expect pets to enter thru the airport at Honolulu. You gotta love bureaucracy. My questions via email never get answered and new directions come every day. All I know for sure is that I have to pay $145 for having a cat. I've been told by other boat folks with a cat that they may insist on flying Cinnamon to Honolulu at my expense where he may be placed in quarantine for 30 days.

This has dampened my enthusiasm for Hawaii a little. Hopefully it will still be a wonderful experience.
-----
At 6/8/2011 4:39 PM (utc) our position was 19°48.09'N 147°33.74'W on course 240T at 6.2 knots.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment