Saturday, June 4, 2011

(no subject)

Half-Way Point

On day nine we passed the half-way point to Hilo, Hawaii. We celebrated last night with gin & tonics on ice and a lovely bouillabaisse retrieved from the freezer. On our first attempt I wasn't able to get near the stove but this time it isn't quite so nasty and I have been able to prepare a hot meal each night.

So far I have seen any marine mammals but this afternoon a booby (blue footed, I think) flew by.

We should be arriving in Hilo on the Big Island around the 12th. Greg may have a hard time getting me to leave and head back north. This crossing business is not my cup of tea.
-----
At 6/3/2011 11:49 PM (utc) our position was 19°13.58'N 135°29.08'W on course 276T at 7.1 knots.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment